I wrecked my car this week
这个星期我把车撞坏了

and now it's at the collision shop.
现在车停在维修店里

They're determining whether it's totaled or not.
店里的员工将为它定损,决定这车是否还有维修的价值。

I was waiting a long time on a ride today
今天我为了搭车等了很长时间

and there was this red-faced homeless woman sitting outside the store with two bags,
其间我看到一个面色赤红的流浪女人,她坐在一个商店外面,手里拿着两个袋子

so I started talking to her.
我和她交谈起来

I told her my name.
我告诉她我的名字

She had a really sad, tragic story
她告诉了我一个十分伤感的悲剧故事

which made me very humbled and grateful for what I had
让我为自己所拥有的一切感到谦卑和感恩。

At one point she wanted to go inside and cash in a Lotto ticket.
我们谈着谈着,她想要到商店里去,兑现一张乐透彩票。

I told her I'd watch her bags.
我告诉她我可以为她看着包。

As I stood there with my cart full of stuff
于是,我站在商店门口,购物车里装满了东西

I stared at those bags
我看着那两只背包

and tried to imagine what it would be like to have all your belongings just in those two bags.
我努力想象,如果我的全?#21487;?#23478;都在两只背包里,那会是怎样的场景。

She was gone for awhile
她离开好一会儿了

and I wondered if she was coming back.
我开始怀疑,她还会不会回?#30784;?/div>

She came back
还好她回来了

and as the manager ran her off, I asked her what her name was.
商店的经理走过来,想把她赶走。在她离开前,我问她的名字是什?#30784;?/div>

"Cindy Lou," she said.
Cindy Lou,她说。

"My sister's name is Cindy and her nickname is Cindy Lou!"
“我的姐姐也叫Cindy,她的小名就叫Cindy Lou!”

I exclaimed.
我远远的冲她喊道。

"Well my real name is Cindy Lou," she said.
“哦,我的真名就叫Cindy Lou”她说。

Then she was off with her stuff, headed down the street.
她带着东西走远,沿着?#20540;?#21521;前走去。

I watched as she disappeared.
我目送着她的身影消失。

I tend to always feel sorry for myself when I lose my car which has happened many times
我经常把自己的车弄丢,?#30475;?#21457;生这种事,我就会自怨自艾

but there this lady was, another reminder of how lucky I really am.
可是世界上还有这位流浪女人这样的人,他们时刻提醒着我,?#23548;?#19978;我是多么?#20197;?#21568;!

 

翻译:小木

+ 1 有用
有用